Oral Presentation Guidelines
Timing of each oral presentation
- 8 minutes presentation
- 2 minutes Q & A
You are expected to notify the moderator of the session about your presence before the session begins. Requests to change time and order of presentation will not be entertained.
All speakers are requested to send a copy of their presentations in PDF format by email (email@example.com) before August 19.
- MS Windows: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or newer
- Acrobat PDF
File size: Max 50MB
Audio-visual equipment available
All oral session rooms will be equipped with the following equipment:
- Laptop (Windows-based)
Speakers and presenters
All speakers must check in at the scientific or secretariat room preferably the day before your session to preview your presentation. If you are checking in on the day of your session, please come by at least 2 hours prior to the start of your session. Technicians will assist with the upload of your files and provide the opportunity to preview and/or edit the presentation if necessary. If there is an unavoidable delay, you must still go directly to the scientific or secretariat room. You are not allowed to connect your own laptop or other devices for your presentation.
When checking in, please bring a copy of your presentation on CD-ROM, DVD, or USB storage device to be transferred to a conference laptop. When reviewing your presentation, make sure all fonts appear as expected and all audio/video clips are working properly. You may edit your presentation at this time. When you have finished reviewing your presentation and verifying that it is ready, multimedia personnel will copy your presentation and ensure that it is transferred to the appropriate laptop in the room in which you will be speaking.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Posters should be in A1 size: 594 mm (width) x 841 mm (height) or 23.4 in (width) x 33.1 in (height).
- Posters should be in vertical (portrait) orientation.
- Posters are to be in English.
- Posters should be easily readable at a distance of 1.5 metre (5 feet).
- The presentation must cover the material indicated in the accepted abstract.
- Place the title of your paper at the top of the poster to allow viewers to identify your paper. Indicate the abstract’s title and authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mails, and addresses in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Audio/Visual equipment is not provided for poster sessions.
Posters will be exhibited throughout the conference on poster display boards. There are no parallel oral sessions during the poster judging sessions. Poster presenters are expected to set up their posters on (3rd or 4th September) of the conference. They should be available during the poster viewing session to interact with the participants. Hand-outs are allowed.
If you have more than one poster, you need to arrange your time well so that all posters are covered by you. Please add a note on the poster board as to what time you will be present.
It is NOT acceptable to simply post a copy of your paper. Such papers will be marked as a “no-show” presentation.
You are required to remove your own poster at the end of the conference. Please note that IBPHC2019 is not responsible for any materials that are left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.